Monday, July 27, 2015

July 27, 2015

This morning I took a 25 min. walk, had 1/2 cup of coffee w/ half and half and vanilla stevia.
After my shower, I went to put on my rings, and my fingers were too swollen to wear them.  My hands usually do swell when I walk in the morning, but by the time I go to put on my rings, they are better.  Not today.  I think I must have had way too much sodium in the meal that I ate at the restaurant last night.  I had an arugula salad with shrimp and goat cheese.  I am sure there was a lot of salt on the shrimp and in the cheese and the dressing was already on the salad and it probably had lots of sodium too. I usually order the salad dressing on the side along with oil and vinegar but I did not think to last night.  I guess I learned my lesson.  Must watch out for salt in and on restaurant foods.

Breakfast - sandwich on Rudy's organic spelt english muffin w/ a little organic butter (salted - need to buy unsalted next time), mustard, and no nitrate ham lunchmeat. water and anti-biotic.

Snack - ginger tea, cashews, banana

Lunch - salad, some chips, part of a peach

Dinner - more leftover spinach/artichoke calzone - I obviously should have made half or a fourth of that recipe, fresh cooked black-eyed peas from my garden with spinach cooked in it, kaniwa - a new ancient grain - new ancient is a bit of an oxymoron - that is related to quinoa.  It is ok, kind of crunchy, but ok.  Might be good in cookies or brownies.  I made brownies once with some leftover quinoa in them and it made them much moister and slightly healthier and they were great and everyone loved them.  I also had corn from half an ear of corn.  I used a small plate because my new part time guru A.J. Jacobs said to do that in his book "Drop Dead Healthy".

I went for an evening walk - about 25 min. again.  Much hotter in the evening.  I made sure to walk near nature - went through the houses on the grass path and then walked to the path that goes by the creek.  It is very pretty.  I saw lots of rabbits on the way home on the grass by the elementary school.  Dr. Andrew Weil says in his book, "8 Weeks To Optimum Health" that it is important to walk in lovely natural surroundings when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment