Sunday, July 26, 2015

July 26, 2015

Doom, despair, agony and failure.  It is with a heavy heart and a heavy gut and a heavy rest of myself that I must write that I have backslidden.  I have failed.  Forgive me because last night, after dinner, I snacked.  That is the problem that got me overweight in the first place.  I ate some chips.  They were organic if that makes it any better.  Late July Bacon Habanero flavored chips. They were good.  Kind of like nacho cheese Doritos, but spicier and supposedly healthier. Despite the name, there is no actual bacon involved in the chips.
And I ate some candy.  That is my husband's fault - he bought it.  Chocolate orange sticks from Trader Joe's.  It was kind of good. I ate the chocolate off of some and threw away the middles and ate some whole ones. I also ate a few thin slices of smoked gouda cheese.  It is my theory that if the slices are thin, they have less calories - no matter how many of them you eat - but I did not eat a lot.  And two glasses of wine.  Cabernet.  It was good.  I have failed.  I should go and flagellate myself now, however, it is 5:30 in the morning and I am going to work at the dept store where I work part time instead.  Almost the same as flagellation.

Breakfast - 1/2 cup of coffee with half and half and vanilla stevia.
No food because I had to be at work at 6 am this morning and no way am I eating before 6 am.  Plus - last night's failure. 

However, good news - I wore a pair of pants that I was previously - before losing the 5 pounds I have lost in the past two weeks or so - unable to fit into without discomfort.  They are once again comfortable.  Ha!  I pulled them out of my plastic storage box of shame in the bottom of my closet in which I have clothing that once fit me fine and currently has shrunk to a size that does not fit or flatter my curvaceous beauty, but that I like and hope to fit into again at some point in the future.

Lunch - salad, tortilla with thin sliced cheese, nitrate free ham lunchmeat and mustard.  water.
 And - antibiotic.

Dinner - we went out because it is my wonderful husband's birthday.  Italian food.  I got an arugula salad with shrimp and goat cheese as my main course.  I also ate a few bites of my daughter's fettuccine alfredo and of my son's pizza.  Then we went to a frozen yogurt place for dessert.  I got some.  Not a lot, but it still was enough.  I am sure I went over my caloric limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment