Friday, July 24, 2015

July 24, 2015

Morning walk - 30 min - drank water
1/2 cup of coffee with half and half and vanilla stevia

Breakfast - I really do not like eating in the morning.  I don't want food then and I don't want to put any effort into making it.  I can understand why people like to have cereal and smoothies for breakfast because it is easy.  I want something quick and simple for breakfast.  But I do not like smoothies or juices at all.  Ick.  I also don't like cereal and I don't think it is healthy.  I do not like sweet foods for breakfast.  My favorite breakfast foods include eggs with sauteed veggies - which I prefer to eat around 9:30 to 10:30 am on days I don't have to work early, or a ham sandwich when I have to work early.
I have made porridge from soaked steel cut oats  mixed half and half with  polenta and it is ok, but you have to soak it the night before and I keep making too much - I need to cut back to a tiny amount if I am going to do it and I don't always feel like eating it after having soaked and cooked it.

So, today for breakfast at 8:30, which is late since I don't work until this afternoon, I made a poached egg for the first time ever.  I think the water may not have been hot enough at first because it sort of came apart a bit looking like egg drop soup almost rather than a poached egg, but most of it held together.  I had the egg on a Rudy's organic spelt English Muffin (70 calories) with a little salt and pepper.  It was ok.  With water.

Lunch - salad - greens, snap peas, homemade pickles, sunflower seeds
Dressing - walnut oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar

Snack - almonds, walnuts, dried cranberries

Dinner - leftover spinach/artichoke calzone, broccoli and asparagus, strawberries, water

No comments:

Post a Comment