Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 14, 2015

So, in addition to eating better, I am also exercising a bit more.  Last night, while my daughter and her friend were swimming in the neighborhood pool, I walked around the park surrounding the pool several times.  This morning I went out for a 15 min. walk in the neighborhood, although at 7:45 it was already getting rather hot. 
Breakfast - my normal 1/2 cup of coffee with half and half and vanilla stevia
I heated up the leftover steel cut oatmeal/polenta and some leftover veggies in some olive oil in a fry pan and also fried an over easy egg and had that for breakfast. 

Snack - cherries

Lunch - a "sandwich"  - a couple of slices of cheese toasted on a 100 calorie Oroweat Sandwich thin and Tomatoes with Cucumbers and yogurt - recipe from the AMA Healthy Heart Cookbook. It was ok - I substituted chives for the green onions and only made half a recipe and ate about half of that.  Instead of low-fat plain yogurt, I used goat milk yogurt. 
Here is the cookbook
 AMA Healthy Heart Cookbook
and my salad - Everything but the yogurt is from my garden
Dana Jacobs Bjornstad's photo.
before - and after
Dana Jacobs Bjornstad's photo.
For dinner, I had a salad with greens and the rest of the above cucumber/tomato salad, the meat from one cooked chicken leg, blue and black berries, oil and vinegar, and sunflower seeds.
I also had another cheese sandwich on the 100 calorie sandwich thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment