Monday, July 13, 2015

July 13, 2015

Breakfast - 1/2 cup of coffee with half and half and vanilla stevia, hot dog- coleman's natural all beef no nitrates - on a slice of 40 cal bread w/ mustard

green tea

Lunch - A wonderful woman at work brought in lunch from Pollo Tropical http://pollotropical.com/ - I have never been there before - the food is totally fabulous!  I will be taking my family there.  I only ate a little bit of each thing though.  I had some chicken - the spices on it are great, a little brown rice, a little bit of the yellow rice with vegetables - yum, some black beans, corn, tomato and a little sauce - I think it was the curry mustard one - so yummy!  I really did only have a little of each.  After work I went to Costco and tried a few samples. 

Dinner - by this time I was starving and had a bit of a headache. 
I made Balsamic Veggie Bake from the "Budget Friendly Fresh and Local Diabetes Cookbook" - except I changed the recipe some, which I usually do.  It called for purple onions, which I did not have, so I used part of a yellow onion from my garden.  It also called for eggplant, which I do not like at all, so I left that out and put in mushrooms instead and an extra sweet potato and I did not have zucchini, so I used a yellow squash.
I also had a little bit of leftover veggies from yesterday and a few leftover gnocci and a bit of leftover salmon and some salad, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries - extra virgin olive oil (or EVOO as people call it who want to seem fancy) and balsamic vinegar on the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment