Friday, August 7, 2015

August 7, 2015

Morning walk - 45 min.  It was about 80 degrees and feels hot, humid, and sticky outside.  Ick.  I am now listening to a book called The First 20 Minutes: Surprising Science Reveals How We Can: Exercise Better, Train Smarter, Live Longer, which suggests that short intervals or bursts of speed can be very beneficial so I jogged 3 times during my walk.  I can jog past 2 or 3 houses.  That is rather pitiful.  I think I need a sports bra. 

Coffee - 1/2 cup with Vanilla Almond Milk and vanilla stevia

Breakfast - I made stir fry veggies cooked in broth, rather than oil, even though I thought it would not taste as good.  It was actually ok.
I used some veggies from my garden - onion, okra, chard, cherry tomatoes and some from the store - mushrooms, fresh garlic, fresh ginger and eggplant.  I seasoned it with turmeric, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.

I went to the store and bought a sports bra and some capri length sweat pant like pants for  yoga. 

Lunch - big salad w/ greens, berries and sunflower seeds, leftover quinoa/butternut squash and fried rice/veggies - mostly the squash and veggies

Snack two fully loaded breakfast bars - about the size and shape of cookies - made with beans, but ok - from the batch I made last night - I like them, my husband just says they are edible, and the kids won't eat them, - green tea, water

Dinner - tried some more fake vegan foods.  Had 2 Gardein Crispy Tenders - they were ok.  My daughter would not try it.  My son said it was disturbing but he ate it.  We also split a little Gardein Beefless slider - again, daughter would not try it, but son liked it.  I tried it and did not like it.  The dog liked it.  I also had a Lightlife Smart Dog with a little bit of Daiya cheddar like cheeze on a half of a Rudy's Organic Spelt tortilla.  The Smart Dog blistered in the microwave and tasted odd as did the cheeze.  The tortilla was ok.  Along with that I had some steamed broccoli (leftover, but good) and some black eyed peas and purple hull peas from my garden cooked with millet and a little frozen peas and carrots with it (cooked in the crockpot  sort of following a recipe from a vegan slow cooker cookbook).  That was also ok.
However - I am not satisfied.  Something is missing.  I am now drinking a glass of wine, but that is not what is missing.
Went for a 10 minute evening walk.  It is 95 degrees outside.  Way too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment