Monday, August 3, 2015

August 3, 2013


Morning walk - 35 minutes.
Coffee with fake coconut milk creamer in it.  Don't like the fake stuff.

Breakfast - 100 calorie Oroweat sandwich thin with Earth Balance margerine on it.  It is supposed to taste like butter.  I can't taste it at all.

Snack - raw almonds - many books say to eat nuts raw because they are more nutritious.  Other books say to soak nuts first, then dry or dehydrate them I guess and a book I was reading recently said that nuts should be roasted or cooked because we can't digest nuts raw.  So, which is correct?  Raw, soaked or roasted?  So many opinions!  Also had an apple and a few grapes.

Later snack - in van on way home from work - carrot sticks, more grapes.

Lunch - salad - greens, homemade pickles, blackberries, avocado, toasted walnuts, chia seeds, cherry tomatoes, walnut oil and vinegars (red wine, balsamic and apple cider), water, and a ginger candy (15 calories)

For dinner, we tried some more vegan food products - Daiya Cheeze Lover's Pizza and Bocca Chik'n Veggie Nuggets.  I also made a healthier gluten free pepperoni pizza for the kids with uncured pepperoni on it by Smart Flour foods.  And, I made a stir fry with fresh veggies - mushrooms, garlic, onion, ginger, squash, tomatoes and greens and some baked sweet potatoes. 
Both kids thought the Chik'n nuggets were gross.  I ate one and a half nuggets but they were not really good so I gave the dog part of a nugget.  The dog liked it.  My husband also liked the Chik'n nuggets.  He said they were not wonderful, but were ok.  My son and daughter both liked the pepperoni pizza even though it was gluten free, the pepperoni was uncured and it claimed to contain ancient grains.  I did not try that one.  My son, husband and I thought the Daiya Cheeze pizza was ok.  My son and I liked the flavor of the tomato sauce a lot.  My daughter thought it was awful and went on a rant and rampage yelling about how I need to feed her real actual food and not this awful stuff that is not food.  The kids would not eat the veggie stir fry but my husband and I did and we liked it.
We also had mango and watermelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment