Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday, March 21 - Day 13 gf after a day off

Breakfast - 3 cups of Twig Tea - one with lemon, egg - fried, spinach - fried, w/ lemon juice on it

Lunch - salad - mixed greens and fruit, glutiono crackers, almonds, banana,

Snack - last little piece of goat cheese

 I actually made a good gluten free bread!  Yay!  And I learned things about my bread machine I did not know.  I got the recipe from the Complete Gluten-Free Cookbook by Donna Washburn and Heather Butt.  I made their Ancient Grains bread.  It came out a bit too moist, so next time I make it, I will bake it a bit longer.  From their cookbook I learned that I can use the dough setting on my bread machine (I knew that), and then when it is done mixing, pull out the paddle so it does not leave a big hole, and cook it on the bake cycle.(I did not know that.)   I never even noticed that there is a bake cycle on my bread machine.  And it worked!  I am so excited!  My son ate 4 pieces of the bread.  It is that good.  Because it has cornmeal in it, it tastes a bit like cornbread, but is textured like real bread.  Yum!

Dinner - homemade gluten free ancient grains bread - with soy free Earth Balance margerine, garlic lime chicken (from the Saving Dinner cookbook - very yummy - everyone liked it.), and baby bok choy and broccoli and a ginger cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment