Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 3 of gluten and dairy free March 9, 2011

I am going to starve to death because there is nothing left to eat! 
Ok, probably not, but I need to come up with more things to add to my diet.
I have no gf/df bread - found some recipes - will try making some.

Breakfast - tea - decaf peppermint - not as good as coffee would be.
and a hardboiled egg - getting a bit tired of those
and some peanuts and walnuts

Snack
walnuts and peanuts
banana

Lunch - salad - lettuce, spinach, strawberries, olives - green with pimentos, turkey ham (yes, it is a processed food and may have gluten or dairy - I read the label but can't remember the stuff in it and it is thrown away.)  and gf dressing
sweet potato
apple

Dinner - rotissere chicken, mango, blueberries, strawberries and two gluten free muffins that I made.

For the gluten free muffins -
I made up a mixture of gluten free flour.
Gluten Free Flour mix attempt #1
In the Vitamix I ground some almonds - some raw, some toasted because I had both,
some spelt, millet, amaranth, brown rice, chia, and lentils
I added in some teff flour and coconut flour.
I mixed that all together and it was about 2 1/2 cups and then I added one cup of tapioca flour.

For the muffins, I put about a half of a banana, half of a carrot, and 1/4 of an apple in the vitamix along with one egg, 1/4 cup almond milk, some honey, agave nectar and maple syrup and some coconut oil.
I blended that into a liquid.

I used a little over 2 cups of my flour blend, the liquid from the vitamix, 1/2 t salt, 2 t baking powder, 1/4t baking soda and made the muffins.
I baked them at 350 until they were done.
They are a bit dense and have a different flavor from wheat muffins, but they are ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment