Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 4 - gf/df attempt March 10, 2011

I am soooooo tired. 
That is probably a result of working many hours, not sleeping well, and allergy med, but now I cannot counteract it with caffeine. 
I miss coffee. 
I found out that spelt - which I put a small amount of in my gf flour for muffins - is not gluten free. 
Go figure. 
I am still eating some muffins today. 
I will try to go shopping soon and get some rice flour and more tapioca flour.
 
I meant to bring some gf cookbooks to work today to go through during my time off but I forgot to and I brought several books anyway.  I am reading Three Cups of Tea right now about a man who has established many schools for girls in Pakistan.  I am also reading Families Where Grace Is In Place and Teaching With Love and Logic.

Breakfast this morning
Slice of turkey ham, almonds, tea

Snack - almonds, carrot sticks, blueberries, two strawberries

Lunch - leftover rotisserie chicken, sweet potato, banana, one of my homemade "gf" muffins, water, vitamins
I can eat leftovers at work because there is a microwave oven so I can heat it.  Our microwave died a few days ago and we miss it terribly.  I did not realize how much we really use it. 

I often bring my vitamins and supplements with in my lunchbox but usually don't take them.  I just don't like taking handfulls of pills.  But I took them today.  I wonder if they may have contained any dairy or gluten? 
I took one giant green natural type multi-vitamin, something brown, a white capsule, folic acid and co-Q enzyme.  I can't remember what the brown and white capsules are.  I think one may be hawthorn and the other may be l-lysine, but I am not sure - will have to check the bottles at home.

Snack - rice chips and peanuts

Dinner - salad and an egg

No comments:

Post a Comment