Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 6, Saturday, March 11, 2011

Well, after last night's gluttony, I had a rumbly in my tumbly - as Winnie the Pooh would say.
Was it worth it? 
Not sure.
I wonder what caused the upset tummy - was it one of the foods or the whole combination of so many?
I am reading a book called You Are What You Eat and it talks about food combining and it very well could just be the combination of foods that put a rumbly in my tumbly.
Or was it the Cranberry Kombucha tea I drank yesterday afternoon?
I feel a bit like the caterpillar in the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar. 
So now I should eat through one nice green leaf again.

I am trying a new tea today.
I had a coupon for it and it was on sale!
It is Yogi Chai Rooibos.
It says it is "Spicy-Sweet And Stimulating"  but no caffeine. 
However, "these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA".
It is brewing now.
I will find out how "stimulating" it is. 

Japan is a mess.
It is worse than Christchurch, New Zealand.
Tsunami's really mess things up.

I drank the tea.
It was good.
I don't feel "stimulated" though.
I still miss coffee.

Breakfast - 3 of Jessica's deviled eggs (they are halves)
- leftovers - with jalapenos in them.  yum.  I realize they have paprika on top, which is a nightshade which I am trying to avoid because supposedly they contribute to inflation.  For that matter I guess the jalapeno is a nightshade too.  Bummer.  It is more difficult to avoid groups of foods than I realized it would be. 
And the tea.
And one of my cookies I made yesterday.  They are Teff, Ginger Molasses cookies from the Clean Food cookbook.
I love that cookbook! 
I checked it out from the library and it is so good that I actually bought the book.
I made the marinated tofu with ginger cashew dipping sauce from that cookbook last night and it came out very yummy!  Except my dipping sauce was too thick- it was more of a spread on sauce than dip into sauce. 
And the quinoa that I made last night was based on their quinoa with almonds and currants recipe.  Except I altered the recipe and used toasted pepitas instead of almonds and yellow onion instead of red onion and cilantro instead of parsley.

Lunch - a salad - with leftover quiona, the last deviled egg, mixed greens, blueberries and strawberries and gf dressing and red wine vinegar.  And some sea salt rice chips.  And a teff/ginger/molasses cookie.  Yum!
Now I want to buy more teff flour just to make more of those cookies.

Snack - lemon, almonds, rice chips

Dinner - soup - homemade chicken veg broth, chicken, carrots, onions, broccoli, leftover baked tofu and some of it's sauce, and coconut milk.  yum! 
and mango and strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment