Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 5 Friday, March 11, 2011

The biggest recorded earthquake ever to hit Japan along with an accompanying tsunami has left hundreds or more dead and countless people there homeless this morning.  I feel bad blogging about my food with that going on. 
May the Lord be with the Japanese.

I was so tired last night I went to bed early.  Then, of course I woke at 1 am, 3 am, 5 am, but am less tired today.

Breakfast - gf muffin, tea

Snack - almonds, banana

Lunch - salad of mixed lettuce, orange, strawberries, olives, gf dressing
            rice chips, almonds

Dinner - ate way too much, but yummy! 
I made baked tofu with "dipping sauce" - I followed the recipe, but my "sauce" was very thick - we spread it on top of the tofu rather than dipping into it. 
And I made quinoa with toasted pepitas, currants and cilantro and onions and spices.  yum! 
And I made teff, ginger, molasses cookies - actually very good and the first thing I have liked with teff flour. 
And salad with blueberries and strawberries.
And Jessica brought deviled eggs with jalapenos in them which I actually love, and some yummy rice and chicken baked thing - it had a little cheese on top which I tried to avoid, but I did have a bit of cheese and it was really yummy too. 
And a glass of wine later in the evening.
No longer starving to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment