Saturday, January 2, 2016

January 2, 2016

Ok, it is New Year's resolution time.  I am reading a book called Thinner In Thirty: Small Changes That Add Up To Big Weight Loss in Just Thirty Days.  Yesterday I read Day One, which says to drink 20 sips of water first thing in the morning as soon as your alarm goes off before you even get out of bed.  Seriously?  First of all, I had water by my bed this morning but did not remember to drink it until later after I had a few sips of coffee which woke up my brain, then I got a glass of water to drink.  Secondly, the whole 20 sips thing annoys me because even if I remember to drink water as soon as I wake up I sure don't feel like counting sips.  Anyway, I will keep drinking water as a morning goal.  Today I read Day Two which says to keep a food diary, which I obviously have done on and off for years.  The author says to share it with others to help make you more accountable and competitive.  That is something I have not done before, so now I will look for a group to share this with.  The author also suggests adding things to your food diary including energy level, mood, time of day, location and level of hunger. For the sake of accuracy and all, I will put today's weight on here - even though I don't like it.  It is the time of month that I retain water, and at my age, I keep waiting for that to stop, but so far it hasn't.  This morning I weighed myself and weighed 130.8.  My normal weight has been a pound lower so it is either water weight or cookies.

So, today is a Saturday and I have the day off from work and I slept in.

9:20 am - began drinking coffee, then remembered to drink water - drank cup of water then cup of coffee - about one cup of coffee with 6 drops of vanilla stevia and 2 tablespoons of half and half.
Drank another glass of water later

12:00 pm - treadmill - walked 25 minutes.  I was going to walk outside, but it is cold out there.
Drank some water.

12:40 pm - lunch - leftovers - rice/quinoa/millet cooked in chicken broth with veggies - carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, onions and sugar snap peas along with a bit of leftover carrot/sweet potato/potato mix that had been cooked in the crockpot with maple syrup, coconut flakes and spices - all of it fit in a small bowl and a salad in a large bowl with Olive Garden salad dressing and olives, two strawberries, and some seed mix that I had made with sunflower seeds and pepitas and sugar and spices. Water.

2:00 pm green tea with ginger

4:00 pm - my daughter wanted to make cookies and I tried having her do it by herself mostly.  She learned that a half cup is not the same as one cup of flour and got cookie mush.  I ate about a cookie or two worth of hot chocolate chip cookie mush.  It was good.  Drank about 4 oz ginger lemon kombucha and water.

5:20 pm - did a vinyasa yoga video for stretching.  It is hard to meditate and concentrate on your breathing when your 13 year old daughter is singing with headphones on and your husband is asking you questions.

6:30 pm - dinner - a basil pesto tilapia (from Costco - 130 cal), some leftover rice/veg stuff, salad w Olive Garden Dressing and olives, 1/2 breadstick (Costco), strawberries, water.

7:20 pm - treadmill - 5 minutes

8:00 pm Lavender tea

No comments:

Post a Comment