Monday, January 11, 2016

January 11, 2016

So, it is harder to keep up with this than I thought it would be.  One factor is that I work 3 different part time jobs and my schedule is different every day and due to that I cannot eat at the same times every day.  It just does not work out that way.  My schedule is not even the same every week. I have not kept up with writing down my food or with the book, but I am trying.  So far, I am reading that I should do things that I am not doing which then makes me feel condemned for not doing them.  I am now drinking water every morning - day 1 - although I don't count sips.  I have not been keeping up with my food diary - day 2.  The cheap  pedometer I bought did not work so I returned it, but I am making an effort to walk more - day 3.  I resumed the stair master challenge and walk on the treadmill more and park in the back ends of parking lots.  Not eating simple carbs after 6 pm - day 4 - is the biggest challenge and so far, I have not been able to do that.  That is probably what I really need to do the most.  Day 5 says to pick 2 exercises from a nicely explained and illustrated list in the book and do 50 reps a day.  I have done that once, need to do it more.  That part would be easier if it was a physical book rather than an e-book - easier to flip through the pages.  Day 6 is the chew your food longer thing.  Meh.  Day 7 is to realize you should lose weight slowly and not expect it to happen all at once.  Got that.  Day 8 is to prepare healthy snacks so you don't eat junk food. I have done that off and on and it is a good thing to do.
So, today - drank water in the morning.  Later had a 1/2 cup of coffee.
Breakfast - a turkey sandwich with cheese.
Snack - an apple, tea.
Lunch - leftovers from last night - salmon and veggies and cheese tortellinis, a few potato chips and a few ginger cookies, water.
Dinner - same as lunch plus a little purple sweet potato, water
Snack after dinner - ginger cookies, cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment