Thursday, April 18, 2013

Second "fast" day

Ok, it is Thursday, and today is my second "fast" day.  I am supposed to only eat 500 calories today.  So far, I have had coffee w/ a little half and half, 3 hardboiled egg whites, and a bag of carrots, cherry tomatoes and sugar snap peas.  I am estimating that at about 200 calories.
So, I still have 300 calories to eat tonight.
I was hungry off and on during the day today - I did not eat anything until 1:35 other than the coffee.
I just kept reminding myself that I have fasted for Yom Kippur in the past and for Passover - although that was many years ago.  Lots of people do one day fasts for religious reasons all the time and I think Muslims do it for a month at a time, although they probably do not limit their diet to 500 calories during the time that they do eat. 
I wanted to eat the moment I walked in the door from work today - that is just habit I guess.
I will see how I do this evening.
That will be the toughest time for me.

So, for dinner I cooked onion, mushrooms, kale and a few cherry tomatoes.  I used a little oil and butter and put a bit of goat cheese on top. 
I am estimating about 200 calories there.

I just had to change out of the pants I wore today because they were digging huge ridges into my fat stomach.
Incentive to keep dieting I suppose.

Ok, a couple of hours after dinner and my stomach is rumbling and grumbling - not from being hungry, but from eating all that kale. 
Ugh..

No comments:

Post a Comment