Thursday, January 17, 2013

Obviously I need accountability

because I start things all the time and then don't finish them.
I need to lose weight and get healthy.
I have gained quite a bit of weight recently.
I have gone up a size in pants in the past few months.
I have gone up two sizes in the past couple of years.
My fat pants don't fit.
I had to get new fatter pants.
My blood pressure is up some.
I thought I was retaining chocolate, but perhaps I am retaining water too.
I weigh now what I weighed at the end of my first pregnancy.
I have read lots and lots of diet and health books.
I have learned that reading books does not make me skinny or healthy.

So, now I am trying the paleo diet - sort of - I don't eat pork or beef though.
I am trying to avoid wheat, sugar and dairy for a while to see if that helps.
I had a nice paleo meal last night.
Today I have had:
coffee w/ coconut creamer
sliced deli turkey
tomatoes
blueberries
strawberries
some paleo recipe pumpkin mini muffins that I made last night
a banana
an apple

I am hungry

I made a roast and veggies for dinner
I avoid red meat because it upsets my stomach
 
but I will eat the carrots that are cooking with it
and I made stir fry sort of rainbow chard, mushrooms and tomatoes
and steamed broccoli
and I had a couple more mini muffins.

Even if I don't stick with paleo - I have got to stick with dieting.
I am going to take my blood pressure regularly for a few days and call the dr if it stays up.
I need to exercise.
Does jiggling my legs while sitting at a desk count as exercise?
(This post was from yesterday - Wed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment