Saturday, January 19, 2013

day 4

Ok, I have done this for 3 days so far and this is the 4th day.  No grain, and no dairy and no sugar.  I have had a headache for the past couple of days.  Withdrawal?  Not sure. 
So far, I have lost about a pound or a pound and a half.
Not sure if that really counts as anything yet.
Why is gaining weight soooo much easier than losing it?
I tried to make zucchini bread yesterday from a paelo recipe.
I think the recipe had the wrong amount of almond flour listed.
I did change the recipe a bit because instead of grating the two zucchini, I put them in the vitamix with the 3 eggs and instead of 1/2 cup of coconut oil, I used a bit less and added in some applesauce.  It only called for 1/2 cup of almond flour.  That was not much so I added more almond flour and some coconut flour.  It was very bright green.  Almost fluorescent green.  I have a photo I will add of it in the oven.  It never did bake to a bread like consistency.  More quiche like I guess.  And not a lot of flavor.  It was ok hot with salt.  I have a lot left over.  Perhaps I will try to toast some in the toaster oven? 

No comments:

Post a Comment